A laptop for graphics designer

marksa

Honorable
Apr 20, 2012
Hi.
I am looking for a laptop for photoshop. it will most of the time be connected to external monitor and keyboard-mouse, and will be my main computer.
I would like a computer that has. average size HDD and small size sdd (64gb) for os and cache. I had hard time finding such option which also include optical drive.
I do not need a big or fancy display or sound options because i will mainly use the external display.
Your help would be much appreciated!

Mark

1. What is your budget? 1000$

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? doesn't matter

3. What screen resolution do you want? doesn't matter

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? desktop replacement

5. How much battery life do you need? no less than 3

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? want to becapble to run non fps games in low res

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
Photoshop, some video editing, web design, office, internet, movie watching

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? 250GB+

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links. no

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? 3+ years

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? Dvd writer

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
Open to any idea

13. What country do you live in? Israel

stingstang

Distinguished
May 11, 2009
You'll need to spend a bit more than 1k for a computer good at photo and video editing that will last you 3 years. We're talking 1700-2000.
But eurocom.com has a lot of laptops that could fit your needs, and I believe they'll ship to you.

marksa

Honorable
Apr 20, 2012
Thank you. video editing will not be the main use of the computer, so i can suffer non optimal performance there. If necessary, I can go up to 1300 usd...