A new laptop for school and maybe for gaming?!

Oct 31, 2013
Hi there,
My old laptop recently broke and i have also recently seen the new Razer Blade Stealth i was wondering if this is a good choice for gaming and school work?
Many Thanks!

Moldoror

Estimable
Mar 11, 2015
Razer blade its a good option but may be you can check asus and msi laptops cos this brands have a really good gaming laptops, and the price is close to 1500 USD

realnoize

Estimable
Jan 5, 2015
I can also suggest a CLEVO-based laptop like Sager and Eurocom. You can pick a particular model and customize the hell out of it to suit your needs. They have thin and slim laptops to gaming monsters with desktop parts, and everything in-between, so it's easy to get something that fits into your budget.

I own an Eurocom laptop, and comparing its specs with other laptops from different manufacturers, I paid a lot less for what I have than if I had bought one with the same specs from Asus, MSI, or Alienware.

realnoize

Estimable
Jan 5, 2015
Sager and Eurocom are two of many CLEVO-based laptops resellers. You can literally customize every aspect of your laptop. CPU, GPU, RAM, HDD, SSD, Network, and even the type of panel you'd like for your screen. And in many cases, you can also choose between different brands and models for each component. Which is of course pretty awesome for a laptop.

And regarding Eurocom, I had an exchange with one of their representatives who told me that opening the laptop to upgrade components yourself (even the screen panel) won't void the warranty. Of course, the components you'd be installing won't be covered under the original warranty, but all original components will continue to be covered if anything happens. It's good to know, as I've heard many stories from people who were told they voided their warranty by opening their laptop to simply upgrade/change the HDD or add more RAM.

And depending on the model you buy, some have pretty good upgrade paths (which is rare for laptops), that allow you to upgrade not only the regular components like HDD/SSD and RAM, but also CPU, GPU, Wi-Fi, screen panel, and so on, depending on the model.