A Sensor That Can Protect Women From Sexual Assault

Status
Not open for further replies.

Genny

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2011
I have doubts on the viability of this. Personally, if I was out with a woman and she whipped out a date rape test kit, the date wouldn't go much further.

lp231

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2006
Don't they already have a sensor, it's called a taser.

Man: I want to hump, dry hump (don't care), just hump GIVE ME!!!!!!!
Woman: Takes out taser and shots directly at nads
Man: ARrrghhhh, runs out
For this sensor, how will it work? Are they 1 time use in a cheap 12 pack or make it look like
a thermometer?

pclee

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2011
One of my friend's was drugged once. She was very suspicious about the group of people she was out with but couldn't be certain until she woke up in a hospital. This sort of device may have saved her from that experience.

Men who don't need drugs or any other form of intoxication to have a good time with a woman have nothing to worry about.

soccerdocks

Distinguished
May 24, 2011
Another option is to simply avoid places where things like that happen. Yeah, I agree that date rape is a very sad and disgusting crime, but why would you go on a date with someone even suspect would do that to you?

Genny

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2011
[citation][nom]soccerdocks[/nom]Another option is to simply avoid places where things like that happen. Yeah, I agree that date rape is a very sad and disgusting crime, but why would you go on a date with someone even suspect would do that to you?[/citation]

Agreed, however, I think the problem is you can't always determine who would perform such acts. Although drug testing every drink you come across isn't exactly the way to go about things. If you have suspicions about a drink, make up an excuse not to drink it. e.g. "I don't like this type of vodka". Men would typically ignore it if you're concerned about hurting someone's feelings as we see women as notoriously particular.

tethoma

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2009
Ah yes, so a women will carry this date rape detection pill with them at all times, and put it in every drink they get. If my date put this in a drink I bought her, I would be insulted.

Burodsx

Distinguished
May 31, 2009
This isn't a bad idea. However "dipping" the sensor is very unrealistic, a float-able sensor to remain in the drink would be more reasonable (if possible). Checking a drink that can be potentially drugged at any moment is still a liability. The more common situation a dipping sensor would prevent is when the server is behind the drugging or when gifting a drink, which is common in these situations.

G

Can't wait to hack one of these into a discreet ketamine dispenser

DSpider

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2009
Do they make it glow in the dark or something? Because it's pretty dark in some places (for the "mood").

How about not drinking anything at all? Thirsty? Order a 0.5 L bottled water.

Women!

demonhorde665

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2008
simple , cheap , and efficeint solution to the problem , required no reash and all of two brian cells to think of it ........*Drum roll*

Girls should get thier own drinks , problem SOLVED

jgutz2006

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2009
wow, i wish they could make something to protect men, because everyone knows that only a woman could be a victim of sexual assault

cookoy

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2009
News Headline: Girl sues sensor maker for false claims.
News Details: After drinking 10 or more glasses of tequila with a stranger, she claimed she tested every glass before drinking and the sensor said she's protected from sexual assault.

dread_cthulhu

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2010
[citation][nom]cookoy[/nom]News Headline: Girl sues sensor maker for false claims.News Details: After drinking 10 or more glasses of tequila with a stranger, she claimed she tested every glass before drinking and the sensor said she's protected from sexual assault.[/citation]

It'll happen... in America...

wiyosaya

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2006
[citation][nom]Genny[/nom]I have doubts on the viability of this. Personally, if I was out with a woman and she whipped out a date rape test kit, the date wouldn't go much further.[/citation]
Why not? Do you have something to hide? She might be worth the "humbling," and she might have good reason such as it had happened to her before. Just because you consider yourself outstanding does not mean that everyone is.[citation][nom]pclee[/nom]One of my friend's was drugged once. She was very suspicious about the group of people she was out with but couldn't be certain until she woke up in a hospital. This sort of device may have saved her from that experience. Men who don't need drugs or any other form of intoxication to have a good time with a woman have nothing to worry about.[/citation]But that still does not mean that such a man would not do such a thing. I am a man, but it is reality that there are men out there who would resort to anything - regardless of how outstanding they may seem.[citation][nom]demonhorde665[/nom]simple , cheap , and efficeint solution to the problem , required no reash and all of two brian cells to think of it ........*Drum roll*Girls should get thier own drinks , problem SOLVED[/citation]And for the woman who gets her own drink, all it takes is a bit of a distraction to drug her. My apologies for pointing that out, but it is reality for "con men."

If I were in the dating market, I'm not, I would perhaps not like this, but I would let any woman I was interested in do it in front of me. I might razz her about it from time to time, but I would let her do it.

However, I expect that most women would do this discretely - perhaps claim that they need to use the rest room, make the test, and then come back or not depending on the results.

The trouble is, this IS a problem in society; there are pure scum out there even if you and I are not.

Genny

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2011
[citation][nom]wiyosaya[/nom]Why not? Do you have something to hide? She might be worth the "humbling," and she might have good reason such as it had happened to her before. Just because you consider yourself outstanding does not mean that everyone is.[/citation]

It's akin to running an STD panel or a criminal background check on your date. If you're concerned enough about a drink that you need to test it before drinking, you probably shouldn't drink it either way.

ojas

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011
[citation][nom]Genny[/nom]I have doubts on the viability of this. Personally, if I was out with a woman and she whipped out a date rape test kit, the date wouldn't go much further.[/citation]

Yeah, but, look at it from her point of view, if you did turn out to be the kind of guy that did such ^%*^*&^%(^%* kind of things, then the date becomes a nightmare for her.

[citation][nom]n3ard3ath[/nom]My ex-girlfriend actually...poor sluts...[/citation]

That is just sick and sexist. Disgusting. The only other person i knew who thought of women like that (in such a strong way) ended up a raping his gf. without drugs. Keep your balls in line son.

Genny

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2011
[citation][nom]ojas[/nom]Yeah, but, look at it from her point of view, if you did turn out to be the kind of guy that did such ^%*^*&^%(^%* kind of things, then the date becomes a nightmare for her.[/citation]

Unfortunately relationships are built on trust and doing so would be a clear lack of such. However, I'd be willing to go along with this if I could have a full psych eval done to ensure she doesn't have the crazy, any hidden children or gold digging tendencies.

Status
Not open for further replies.