A Tour of Samsung’s Private Gadget Collection

Status
Not open for further replies.

arcainumbro

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2009
Have to remember though, it is much easier to design, launch and maintain advanced services like WiBro in a smaller area like that. They are doing it in a place the size of two states, and probably have a less antiquated backbone/info-services system to work with.

joebob2000

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2006
As a kid, I always wanted a house with an entertainment room, including a dance floor. The floor didn’t have to be exactly like the one in Saturday Night Live but I wanted something similar.
Fever. Saturday Night Fever. I'm pretty sure that was the one with the dance floor. Saturday night live had guys in drag.

joebob2000

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2006
[citation][nom]arcainumbro[/nom]Have to remember though, it is much easier to design, launch and maintain advanced services like WiBro in a smaller area like that. They are doing it in a place the size of two states, and probably have a less antiquated backbone/info-services system to work with.[/citation]
If the USA had put the time it spent on landline distribution to work later, into cell infrastructure, it would look just like South Korea or Japan or any other nation that experience a much more delayed maturity. The problem in the US is that once the copper was installed, it was hell trying to convince anyone they needed something more. No customers, no infrastructure, plain and simple. And it doesn't help that all of the good mobile companies are across the Pacific; if the biggest company in your whole country made cellphones and mp3 players, would you be surprised when *everyone* had one?

williamvw

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2009
[citation][nom]joebob2000[/nom]Fever. Saturday Night Fever. I'm pretty sure that was the one with the dance floor. Saturday night live had guys in drag.[/citation]
Argh -- you're so right. Fever, of course. The shame...it hurts.

Status
Not open for further replies.