Catsrules

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2008
My OEM power supply just died on me. I was wondering what you guys recommend, do I buy a HP replacement and pay the big bucks or do I just get some cheap knock of brand?
Also I think I might have a warranty left on it, does that cover AC adapters. Or does it depend on the warranty?

Solution
HP guarantees that the HP Hardware Products that you have purchased or leased from HP are free from defects in materials or workmanship under normal use during the Limited Warranty Period. The Limited Warranty Period starts on the date of purchase or lease from HP. Your dated sales or delivery receipt, showing the date of purchase or lease of the product, is your proof of the purchase or lease date. You may be required to provide proof of purchase or lease as a condition of receiving warranty service. You are entitled to hardware warranty service according to the terms and conditions of this document if a repair to your HP Hardware Product is required within the Limited Warranty Period...

biian

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2010
HP guarantees that the HP Hardware Products that you have purchased or leased from HP are free from defects in materials or workmanship under normal use during the Limited Warranty Period. The Limited Warranty Period starts on the date of purchase or lease from HP. Your dated sales or delivery receipt, showing the date of purchase or lease of the product, is your proof of the purchase or lease date. You may be required to provide proof of purchase or lease as a condition of receiving warranty service. You are entitled to hardware warranty service according to the terms and conditions of this document if a repair to your HP Hardware Product is required within the Limited Warranty Period.

http://h40059.www4.hp.com/warranty/support/tc.php

And if you can not provide proof that HP needs or have some trouble getting a replacement adapter directly from HP, there is another site you can try:
www.chargerbuy.com, they provide adapters for almost all HP models.

Solution

Catsrules

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2008
Yes it was cover by the warranty, But I had to sit on the phone for almost 45minets to get them to ship me a new one. I had to retrouble shoot everything with the guy on the phone. O well at least it didn't cost any money.