AC/Batter Power Switching Issue Lenovo T430s laptop

Dec 19, 2018
WHILE PLUGGED IN WITH BATTERIES IN COMPUTER - experiencing intermittent switching between AC power and battery power. Random switching back and forth. Each time, the brightness indicator appears up on the screen.

PLUGGED IN ONLY (no batteries inserted) - all is fine

BATTERIES ONLY (unplugged) - all is fine.

- I have reinstalled battery drivers (Win 7).
- I have uninstalled Lenovo power manager (have tried with/without).
- i have disabled the adaptive brightness feature (tried with/without)

None of this worked.Now thinking perhaps it's a loose power jack... but then why does the computer remain powered on with no issues while plugged in only with no batteries installed?

Does anyone have any thoughts as to what the cause of this could be, or how to diagnose?

Thanks!

Dec 19, 2018
MERGED QUESTION
Question from customflipbooks : "AC/Batter Power Switching Issue Lenovo T430s laptop"

WHILE PLUGGED IN WITH BATTERIES IN COMPUTER - experiencing intermittent switching between AC power and battery power. Random switching back and forth. Each time, the brightness indicator appears up on the screen.

PLUGGED IN ONLY (no batteries inserted) - all is fine

BATTERIES ONLY (unplugged) - all is fine.

- I have reinstalled battery drivers (Win 7).
- I have uninstalled Lenovo power manager (have tried with/without).
- i have disabled the adaptive brightness feature (tried with/without)

None of this worked.Now thinking perhaps it's a loose power jack... but then why does the computer remain powered on with no issues while plugged in only with no batteries installed?

Does anyone have any thoughts as to what the cause of this could be, or how to diagnose?

Thanks!