• WiFi Direct
• Media Link
• DLNA (Movie/Photo/Music)
• Windows 7 Certified
• WiFi Display
• Intel® Wireless Display (WiDi)
• SIMPLINK (HDMI CEC)

What I Want?

I want to access movies from desktop to tv via Ethernet cable without Internet like we do by just connecting two PCs via ethernet cable without INTERNET
OR
I want to do same via wifi dongle if not possible via ethernet

What I Know About It?
I have some clues but not clear.
1 According to LG Official website i have to setup DLNA server with Nero Media Home on PC then connect it via ethernet and setup folders which i want to access on TV

2 Can i do this by using XMBC UPnP connectivity? How acctually XMBC stream movies to TV? Is UPnP same as DLNA?

What replies got from other forums?

You could use Windows Internet Connection Sharing, but you might need to add an Ethernet switch between the PC and TV. It would be worth trying without the switch since that would be free.
Internet Connection Sharing feature built-in the Windows OS mentioned before is the virtual router you are looking for.

I have yet to find a ground up treatise on setting up your own DLNA server. My bet is the landscape is far too large. You have a dozen operating systems and thousands of smart TV variants. Some will reply that DLNA is a standard and then you read how some DLNA servers had to tweak to accommodate various models. It's clear that it's not so clear.

"Just connecting the TV and PC via a network cable doesn't make a network. You'll have to create an "ad hoc" network to get the computer to talk to the TV (and visa versa). Reading the manual, it appears your TV can do that.Once you get the TV and PC connected, you'll need some way to stream your content. LG offers a free copy of Nero Media Home to do that"

Other forum - "Just connecting the TV and PC via a network cable doesn't make a network."That's false and I've created such a network hundreds of times over the years. It didn't entail any Ad Hoc mode either. Your post shows that there is much to learn about IP based networking. And a lot of bad information as well out there.

The reply you received on the other forum hit the nail right on the head, the only way you'll do this is with an ad-hoc network. Is your computer not wifi enabled? If not, you'll have to get a wifi dongle. When you have wifi capabilities, follow this to create a hotspot:
Turn Your Windows PC Into a Wireless Hotspot

Solution
Seeing your using just cable, just make sure its N300, 600 or 900 - fast enough. Tell the guy in the store what you want it for.
If the Samsung is a 'smart' (wifi enabled) tv then its manual should recommend the use of some software for your PC to enable sharing folders on your tv. In my case I share photos and videos that I can then view on the tv. Movies don't work real great though because I need a faster router.

Markwinstanley

Estimable
Nov 21, 2014
Is it possible to use wired router and connect pc and tv to router via Ethernet cable as i don't have to buy lg wifi dongle. I am on tight budget. What kind of router will do the work, be more specific minimal freq, gigabit, speed, router bandwidth.

Markwinstanley

Estimable
Nov 21, 2014
I am going to buy online that's why i am asking about what are minimum requirement of router so i can find cheapest one not overkill for my task And thanks for your help i was really fed up from few days about getting.