Accidentally set an option for Chrome and can't find it (Nexus Mod Manager)

Sammyjo20

Estimable
Feb 21, 2015
Hello. I'm new to NMM but when you press the "Download With Nexus Mod Manager", chrome usually asks if it's okay to open a file on the computer, I accidentally pressed the box "always allow" and I don't want this.

How can I change this setting? I can't find it anywhere and resetting chrome didn't help.

- Sam

Solution
I think there is somekind of misunderstanding somewhere.
1. if you click on "download with nexus mod manager" button, chrome does NOT download a thing and thus wont open anything.
2. All chrome does is passing the download link to NMM which does the downloading.

If you don't want that to happen, you could run NMM, go to settings (the two cogs on top, between folder and lit light bulb) and untick "Associate with NXM URLs"
To do that, you have to run NMM as administrator or uninstall it and reinstall (and choose file associations better on install)

little_me

Estimable
May 9, 2015
I think there is somekind of misunderstanding somewhere.
1. if you click on "download with nexus mod manager" button, chrome does NOT download a thing and thus wont open anything.
2. All chrome does is passing the download link to NMM which does the downloading.

If you don't want that to happen, you could run NMM, go to settings (the two cogs on top, between folder and lit light bulb) and untick "Associate with NXM URLs"
To do that, you have to run NMM as administrator or uninstall it and reinstall (and choose file associations better on install)

Reactions: bk00500
Solution