Accidentally touched the usb port with headphone pin, heard a static sound and the screen turned off

Eric_99

Commendable
Jul 27, 2016
The light is still on but my screen remained void. I read about removing battery and unplugging AC. Problem is mine is a built-in battery. I figured I could drain the laptop battery and try turning it on again. Does it work the same as removing the battery? Please help.

Solution
The info you are referring to has another step in there, which I will include below. It is meant to clear out the power completely and anything that may be being held in the system. That is unusually, a laptop without a removable battery. That usually occurs in tablets. The option you refer to may or may not help though. With the static issue, it may well have fried something within the computer. The static charge having traveled in from where you touched the device. Here are the instructions on what you were wanting to try....

Try the following and see if it will turn on.

1. First make sure the device has been charged.
2. Unplug your charger cord.
3. Remove the battery.
4. Press and hold the "Power" button for 30 seconds and see if...
The info you are referring to has another step in there, which I will include below. It is meant to clear out the power completely and anything that may be being held in the system. That is unusually, a laptop without a removable battery. That usually occurs in tablets. The option you refer to may or may not help though. With the static issue, it may well have fried something within the computer. The static charge having traveled in from where you touched the device. Here are the instructions on what you were wanting to try....

Try the following and see if it will turn on.

1. First make sure the device has been charged.
2. Unplug your charger cord.
3. Remove the battery.
4. Press and hold the "Power" button for 30 seconds and see if the device will turn on.
5. If it does, great, now plug back in the power/charger cord. (If it didn't turn on without the cord in, it should turn on once you it is in.)
6. Now put the battery back in.

Should none of this help (with you replacing the remove battery with waiting until it is totally drained), then you should take a look inside it at the motherboard and elsewhere, as it really does sound like the static was the cause, and that would not just be a power on issue.

Solution