Question Acer 5 Nitro won't turn on

Mar 23, 2020
I recently took apart my Acer 5 Nitro to clean the inside. When doing so I accidentally removed the cable that connects the hard drive to the motherboard. In order to reattach it I had to remove another cable coming from the usb board. After I reassembled everything I tried turning it back on. When I did so the keyboards lights flashed for a brief second and nothing happened on the screen afterwards. I took the laptop apart again to find that the chord coming from the usb board was now split and their was a crack down the middle.

I'm assuming I failed to properly reconnect the cable coming from the usb board back to the motherboard and something short circuited. I ordered a new usb board but that didnt change anything.

When I plug the laptop in to charge the blue indicator light comes on but not the light signifying its charging. I saw a suggestion to unplug the battery and hold the power button for 30 seconds but that doesn't work either. And when I unplug the battery the blue indicator light turns off.

I would like to know if I have any other options to restore my laptop before I take it to a repair shop. Thank you.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Laptop Tech Support 0
R Laptop Tech Support 8
SRaj007 Laptop Tech Support 2
fallingtv Laptop Tech Support 0
R Laptop Tech Support 3
G Laptop Tech Support 6
R Laptop Tech Support 1
C Laptop Tech Support 1
R Laptop Tech Support 3
insaneX99 Laptop Tech Support 1
WilliamLacy Laptop Tech Support 1