ACER 5532 laptop

Jan 22, 2019
My grandparrents played in the bios and set some passwords they wrote down I am able to access the bios but of course the HDD lock does not seem to have what they wrote down. Called in to acer and went through the validity of ownership for them to tell us sorry laptops 4yrs or older they no longer will service or offer the recovery disc. next I exhausted my research and decided forget the password and bought a brand new harddrive and trashed the old one , first booted without the drive no options for HDD password so i also cleared the supervisor password also shut down and added the new harddrive then botted it imeadiately came up and asked for an ide0HDD password on a brand new out of the package harddrive ?? I then proceded to flash the bios to no avail is the laptop garbage and some defect cause I dont feel like dropping another harddrive if this password will continue to lock out brand new harddrives seems to be something wrong here?

Solution
Since one new drive did not help you, I doubt trying a second one will. We can't help bypass security measures like passwords on the forum so you will need to look elsewhere if Acer can't help you.
Jan 22, 2019
so a acer aspire laptop for sale , have purchase date, recite from best buy, all original documentation . catch either its defective or something as the bios hdd password shows up on 2 old hdd even on a brand new hdd out of box if you are interested in this piece of shit that acer no longer supports do inquire . do not buy acer they have become garbage and a throw away system with no support.