Acer 5750G - running really slow after factory reset!!

josh95

Estimable
Nov 9, 2014
Hello

I've had my Acer 5750G laptop for a good 2-3 years now and it's gradually getting slower and slower so I decided to reset it to factory settings after backing my data up of course.

It's still running a tad slow when searching the internet after 20 - 30 mins or so, the fan i've heard is a big issue with this laptop and many acer laptops, it seems to get too hot even with a couple of web pages open such as youtube and google etc. I usually play football manager the pc game on it but i'm swayed not to get the game just yet till I sort this issue out.

my specs are the standard when it come with the laptop,

Processor: Intel Core I5, 2.5ghz with turbo boost of 3.1ghz, 8gb of fram (7.85gb usuable)
64 bit
acer aspire 5750G

Does anybody have any ideas on how to make it run any quicker?

Thanks in advance,

Josh.

Solution
I would venture that the time has come for a very thorough physical cleaning of the laptop. To do that disassembly is required, YouTube can be very helpful for instructions on "how-to" https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=acer+5750g+disassembly+cleaning and your model is popular so there are a few different videos available. I'll suggest watching more than one since quality and explanation varies. If, after watching the videos, you decide you don't want to take on the task yourself (it appears far more intimidating than it really is), I'll suggest taking it to a local shop to get cleaned and serviced - it does need to be done before problems from overheating arise

My personal observations about working in laptops... it seems...
I would venture that the time has come for a very thorough physical cleaning of the laptop. To do that disassembly is required, YouTube can be very helpful for instructions on "how-to" https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=acer+5750g+disassembly+cleaning and your model is popular so there are a few different videos available. I'll suggest watching more than one since quality and explanation varies. If, after watching the videos, you decide you don't want to take on the task yourself (it appears far more intimidating than it really is), I'll suggest taking it to a local shop to get cleaned and serviced - it does need to be done before problems from overheating arise

My personal observations about working in laptops... it seems intimidating since it is such a small area but, it isn't that difficult. The first time into a laptop may have you feeling a little overwhelmed (it's natural, it's a foreign environment) but, by the second time you've reassembled the laptop, you'll likely feel like a pro. Video guides can be super helpful for that.
Last, if doing it yourself, do not force anything... always assume you've missed something (a screw or cable connection) or that the problem is yours and not the laptop being stubborn. Some parts are a little difficult to remove but none should require force

Solution

Bax23

Estimable
Mar 16, 2015
I'm not sure if this would be able to fix your problen but it is has fixed the issue that I've had. Go to the power options and change the plan setiings on the power plan you wish to use. Continue to advanced power settings for the current power plan. Process to "Processor power management" -> "Minimum processor state" Change this value up higher and see how much it increases performance. It will keep the CPU constantly running at the level so the moment you do something it should immediately be done and not first have to speed up.
This may cause extra heat issues. The turbo tends to cause these heat problems. Try changing the "Maximum processor State" to less than 100% as this would prevent the processor from entering turbo boost mode.

The post is a tad late but hopefully it solves your problem.