Acer 5943G + gaming

Oregon212

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2010
Hello, I am considering buying an Acer 5943G (Intel i5 450M, Mobility Radeon HD 5850 1GB DDR3 vram, and 4GB DDR3 SDRAM).

My question is, whether this laptop will be able to play the newest games coming out, and whether this will also be the case in 1-2 years? Not necessarily on the highest resolution, but one of my reasons for buying it is that I want to play Diablo 3, so do you think this will be possible?

Thanks in advance :)

welshmousepk

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2009
it should play most current games fairly well. processor heavy games may struggle since its only a dual core. for the most part, it should be fairly capable.

in two years time its much more likely to run into unplayable games. but that depends as much on your tolerance for low settings and framerates as it does on the hardware.

G

well i have had this laptop for a year, and it slows down dramatically after the first 6 months it will play diablo 3 at 60fps for an hour an then drop to anywhere from 5-20 fps... dont buy, and acer doesnt hold up their end agreement with warranty... that is all