Acer Apire One (Warranty/ Repair)

pcman09

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
I bought an Acer Aspire One through craigslist.org, its about one or two months old. The person already registered it through Acer, and received it as a gift so dis not have the proof of purchase. I am not worried about the netbook failing on me really, but I have no warranty coverage. Lets say the netbook did fail, where would be the best place to buy replacement parts for this netbook, down to the last screw? I can easily repair the netbook, its all a matter of finding the parts. And if not where would you recommend taking it for repair should the netbook go bad? Thanks.

Any idea on purchasing an extended warranty through any other 3rd party company?

frozenlead

Distinguished
Since when do you need a proof of purchase for warranty coverage? I've never heard of that.

I'm sure Acer will sell you parts for the machine no problem, regardless of warranty.

pcman09

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
The proof of purchase is not to have warranty coverage, but to transfer the warranty over and or register it to a new person. It makes sense, cause anybody could steal a laptop and then get it registered under their name. If they ask for the proof of purchase they can eliminate thieves from registering someone's property. That of course not being the situation here, you pretty much get done in the arse if you can not come up with the proof of purchase, even if you did legitimately purchase the item.

frozenlead

Distinguished
I don't know how that would come up. I've used my own name in numerous support chats (Dell, HP, Asus, Acer, Toshiba...) and such with other people's notebook's serial numbers and still been able to order what I want from the OEM, no questions asked. Maybe it's just something the customer service people overlook.