Acer Aspire 131 will not boot into Windows

keveen2

Estimable
Jan 5, 2016
OK It is my fault! Bought a new Acer Aspire ES1-131-C511 and decided to revert back to Windows 7 by getting rid of all partitions and doing a clean install as it only has 32 GB EMMC drive. I should have done it from a usb drive as the partitioning program just wiped the drive but did not create a RAM drive to finish off the routines. So I ended up with an invisible drive. None of the partition or recovery programs I tried will see it.

Anyway FDISK did see the drive and eventually I managed to format it and make it active and primary. I then installed my Windows 7 from a USB drive and Windows saw the drive and all seemed well with the installation. However I only get as far as the "Start Windows normally" option. When I press enter I see a blue screen flash for a second with some message I don't have time to read and it reboots and goes back to the same place.

Gparted and other partition programs still don't see the drive so maybe there is a bad sector, Boot partition or something? No idea. Old PQmagic (ancient) sees the drive and so does FDISK.

How to fix it? Technical support is hopeless. This is my second day!

keveen2

Estimable
Jan 5, 2016
Thank you - correct. I installed Windows 8.1 and it worked!! I have upgraded to 10 which is OK as I can hide all the tiles. This PC only has 32gb of memory so I wanted to do a minimum windows 7 install. Doesn't matter now.

Strange as I thought it would be possible to install windows 7 even if all the device drivers were not there as I have done on other PCs. Also I wonder why the partition programs did not see my eMMC drive.