Acer Aspire 515-51-563w continues to freeze

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 5, 2018
My laptop continues to freeze and so far the only answer from my last post was a generic "here do this" that doesn't work in any way. I have already restored then did a reset when it wasn't resolved. Everything is completely updated so don't mention that. It always freezes after the screen turns off with the only option of a force shut down but sometimes while I'm using it with the same resolution. Nothing wakes it up so don't mention the sleep button, keyboard, or mouse options as they have already been checked. Is it the hardware?

Solution
Download HWmonitor and look for cpu core temperatures. Download cinebench and run it while looking same time hwmonitor temperatures, what temps do you get? Then download unigine heaven benchmark and run it and look for temperatures of Graphics card. Run it on settings you can smoothly do it and look for artifacts if any.

Download latencymon and post results of benchmark.

Download malwarebytes and hitman malware removal and run those , update malwarebytes in Windows then boot into safe mode and run it there.

fagetti

Prominent
Mar 1, 2018
Do you still see mouse after screen turns black?
remove battery and power cable from laptop. press power button for 1 full minute. put power cable back and try to boot.
If it wont work could be bad hdd. download crystaldiscinfo and run it, that tells what condition hdd/ssd is.

check with your model number from acer site latest bios, is it up to date? if not update it.

Look for battery reset hole if this happens only with battery inside:

https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Acer+Aspire+V5-572+-+Battery+Reset+Pinhole/33898

In your laptop it might be elsewhere but it is somewhere

Mar 5, 2018
MERGED QUESTION
Question from nosis340 : "Acer Apsire 515-51-563w freezes randomly"

Still continues to freeze. Bios and everything else updated. All checks on the battery done. Not overheating. restored and then reset when that didn't solve it the first time. All scans show no problems but continues to freeze with the only option being a hard restart. Lights on usb attached items show that they are still receiving power. Real answer please. All past responses have been repeats of what has already been done and have not offered any real solutions just generic ones.

fagetti

Prominent
Mar 1, 2018
Its just there can be so many reasons for this. Does it freeze when gaming / loading Graphics card or just whenever?
Download memtest and run it from boot (need usb), does it pass?
Any liquid spill on the laptop you can think of ?

Does this happen only when on battery or even when you have power cable attached?

Mar 5, 2018

Ran a diagnostic and it seems my hardware is faulty. High cpu usage for unknown reasons then freezing or low usage with a black screen freezing while I'm away. Random and annoying. It's also heating up more than what it's suppose to. Thanks for the help.

fagetti

Prominent
Mar 1, 2018
Download HWmonitor and look for cpu core temperatures. Download cinebench and run it while looking same time hwmonitor temperatures, what temps do you get? Then download unigine heaven benchmark and run it and look for temperatures of Graphics card. Run it on settings you can smoothly do it and look for artifacts if any.

Download latencymon and post results of benchmark.

Download malwarebytes and hitman malware removal and run those , update malwarebytes in Windows then boot into safe mode and run it there.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.