Acer Aspire 5253 Laptop speakers suddenly stop working after a few minutes. I go into the sound control panel and change the default sound device from Conexant High Definition Audio speakers (the internal speakers that suddenly stop working) to WsAudioDevice_383S(1) then immediately change them back to Conexant High Definition Audio speakers, then the speakers will work for a few minutes again. I have updated the drivers, tried to change settings in sound properties but still having the same problem. Any ideas?
Normally this can be fixed right away by uninstalling and reinstalling the driver. Try this steps:
1. Press Windows + R and the Run box should appear and type in devmgmt.msc then press OK
2. Once in Device Manager and expand Sound
3. Right click on the driver under Sound and select uninstall then close Device Manager
4. Download and install the latest driver found in ACER support site.
5. Here's the link: http/us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers
6. Just enter the model number of the laptop and it should give you the list of driver for it.
7. Once installed reboot your PC for all the changes to take effect.