Acer aspire 5349 Keeps shutting off, but the cpu is not overheating.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sailfish572

Honorable
Nov 1, 2012
Hello,
I have an Acer Aspire 5349. It acts like the cpu is overheating and shuts down. Reseated heatsink, and cleaned fan. Same results. Bought new fan and heatsink. Initially ran for three hours, then when I installed updates, it shut down. Monitored CPU heat and usage with "CoreTemp", no significant heat up even with multiple tasks running. I'm at a loss. Pretty sure that its a heat issue because when it first started to appear I stuck the whole laptop in the fridge and it ran for hours.

crookedking

Estimable
Apr 16, 2015

Im having this problem with my acer v5. It gets louder before shutting off. Also when powering on. Please help

robinsonmurta

Estimable
Jun 12, 2015
I am having the exact same problem. The computer was perfect, but suddenly it became like that - shutting down. I tried to clean, to coll, to install windows 8 again, to change the HD. Nothing helps.

humph65

Estimable
Aug 12, 2015
My Acer 5742 keeps shutting down on start up, doesn't even get on to the windows screen. keeps turning itself on and off through the same cycles for hours. Closed the lid popped it in the fridge and on the 2 occasions I have done this it has booted up ok within 5-10 mins. So this has to be a temperature related issue!!

Reggie_1

Estimable
Dec 13, 2015
it is possibly that it cant get enough cool air as when my acer aspire 5733 blacks out it had been on duvets and blankets it occasionaly does it on my lap but i find it does it less often if it is slightly raised. like i lay down and bend my knees and pun the laptop on my lap and on my stomach so it can breath.

Status
Not open for further replies.