acer aspire 5472 power problems

williamj81

Estimable
May 27, 2015
i have a acer aspire 5472 while plugged in it quit charging the orange light was not on and the battery got low and powered off. my daughter having the exact same laptop I used her power cord and it worked light came on and it charged to 100%. when I unplugged it it quit working so I plugged in my cord and it was working. when I unplugged it it quit working and hers started working. so now when one quits working I swap powercords and so far the other always works.... any ideas whats going on... I have tried pulling the battery and holding down the power button for 20 seconds and powering up that way but no change...im at a loss here

Solution
Hello williamj81

If possible, can you please try swapping the battery of your laptop with the one that your daughter's laptop has?

If the problem is resolved on your laptop and appears on the second one, the battery is faulty.

If the problem persists in your laptop even after swapping the battery, I would suggest you to get it fully charged and let the battery drain off completely (i.e. run the laptop without plugging it in to a power supply until it runs out of battery and shuts down automatically). Then charge it to 100% and drain off the battery again.

Follow this cycle for 2-3 times and see if the issue is resolved.

Let me know if any further assistance is needed. Good Luck!!
Hello williamj81

If possible, can you please try swapping the battery of your laptop with the one that your daughter's laptop has?

If the problem is resolved on your laptop and appears on the second one, the battery is faulty.

If the problem persists in your laptop even after swapping the battery, I would suggest you to get it fully charged and let the battery drain off completely (i.e. run the laptop without plugging it in to a power supply until it runs out of battery and shuts down automatically). Then charge it to 100% and drain off the battery again.

Follow this cycle for 2-3 times and see if the issue is resolved.

Let me know if any further assistance is needed. Good Luck!!

Solution