Acer Aspire 5552: Corrupted BIOS ( latest ), or DEAD LAPTOP?

TamashiModding

Commendable
Apr 12, 2016
Hey everyone,
Recently, my Acer Aspire 5552 Laptop has stopped booting up, no HDD activity, only power LED and fan.
I tried recovering and flashing the bios, with NO success.
I tried EVERY COMBINATION, EVERY FILE NAME ( BIOS.FD, WPH etc. etc. ) Looks like it doesn't read the data on my USB.
And that's strange, because 1 year ago or so, i had the same problem, and i've succesfully recovered the BIOS with only the BIOS.FD file on my USB.
What am i doing wrong?
The cmos battery is OK, RAM are ok, HDD is new.
I think it's something related to the motherboard ( obviously ), because when it was working, every time i moved the laptop, it shutted down, like a power interruption.
I don't know what to do anymore, the BIOS is already the latest, i've worked for the last 3 days 24h on 24to try fixing this crappy brand laptop ( just to say, i'm not gonna buy ACER ANYMORE, my old one has had a brutal end, smashed into the floor, NO JOKE! )
Please, help me, i have so many work to do in a server game that 've been moderator, recently.
I didn't to anything special with it to cause this problem, all i was doing is playing DDTank ( Online MMORPG ) and doing graphic designs with Photoshop CC.
Thanks.

Solution
You can buy the Tantalum capacitors for very little money from e-bay.

If your not good at soldering. find a good friend who is and can help you take the laptop apart to get to the motherboard.
There are plenty of video tutorials for how to take apart laptops to get down to the motherboard, that are step by step.

Your looking at £4.00 to buy the capacitors from e-bay. 378.18 rupee

TamashiModding

Commendable
Apr 12, 2016

Thanks for the reply, i'm not using any battery since it's useless for me.
Anyway, i did tried already so many times this way.
Didn't work.
Tried already with a crisis diskette though, doesn't work.
Tried also every combinations, with no HDD, with NO RAM, still the same, looks like it's just frozen with a black screen and can't load either bios & HDD/USB.
But if i plug the mouse, it lights up.
I'm really pissed off.

Shaun o

Distinguished
There were a few laptops that used what we call a super capacitor.
Made by Nec.

Nec Tokin 0e907 | oe128 | oe907 | 0e128

The capacitors were renowned to fail after a few years of using the laptop.
The super capacitor was used and pre soldered onto the motherboard of the laptop on the underside dead center of where the cpu socket was.

Over time the capacitance or the charge the super capacitor could hold reduced, as it aged.

The symptoms were that the laptop would suffer from initial power up problems.
Freeze during use, or simply restart at random points during use.

It often required a re placement of the Nec super capacitor, or for up to four smaller smd Tantalum capacitors. Each rated at 330uf.

And the brands most effected that had the super capacitors in them were Toshiba laptops.

And you guessed it, Acer Aspire models.

Anyway that`s the cause, and what needs replacing.

Here have a read then check your model of laptop, I think you will find it has the Nec Tokin super capacitor in it.
TamashiModding. click on the link bellow to find out more and how to fix the problem.

It is not a bios fail that is the problem.

http://www.gotexe.com/2014/12/replace-nec-tokin-0e907-oe128-oe907.html#.Vw1xCfkrLMM

TamashiModding

Commendable
Apr 12, 2016

Thanks for your reply!
The problem is, that i don't have money to buy replacement pieces.
Either, i can't buy a new laptop, so i was just asking for a " trick " to atleast reset bios (ik the cmos thing, but i really don't understand how to do it, since i'm a newbie with this and i have only screwdrivers ) or something to let the laptop read my USB data with BIOS.fd on it.
I think i just gotta put the computer in the trash can.

Shaun o

Distinguished
You can buy the Tantalum capacitors for very little money from e-bay.

If your not good at soldering. find a good friend who is and can help you take the laptop apart to get to the motherboard.
There are plenty of video tutorials for how to take apart laptops to get down to the motherboard, that are step by step.

Your looking at £4.00 to buy the capacitors from e-bay. 378.18 rupee

Solution