Acer Aspire 5570z wont boot into windows No OS Bootloop

Wherewolfe

Estimable
Aug 22, 2014
I was given an Acer Aspire and at first, it would not power on.... I got just a solid yellow light and nothing else... I did some research and only thing I could come up with was It may have been due to the build up of static electricity. The solution was to, forgive me if I'm not exact on the process, disconnect the battery and power supply, push down the power button and hold for one minute. No luck so I called Acer support and behold, they had me do the same thing and when there was no success, I was told that I would have to contact the Support team's "support team so to speak. Instead I tried this. I removed the hard drive, then removed the battery and stuck just the battery in the freezer overnight. Next day, after letting it warm a bit, I reconnected everything and ten minutes later, POWER! Only to get to the boot screen and see the no OS and it rebooted and does continually... I looked for a new hard drive with no "free" luck. A friend told me almost any hard drive would do so I swapped my E-machine 525 hard drive and it booted into start up repair. After some gloating of what I thought was success, it asked for the installation media disc which I did not have, so I swapped back, and Restored my E machine with the restore disc I made prior to trying the swap. The aspire will not boot nor will it do a recovery ( hold ALT and tap F10 during boot)... Is there a way to force a boot with software I can get online? I've had it since 7-16-2014, and it is just a personal challenge I would like to defeat with no cost... I don't really need it ASAP, but am a little frustrated... I will take any suggestions...

Chances are it does need the hard drive replacing but you can't expect a laptop to accept a Windows installation from a different one - - it doesn't work like that. You have to re-install Windows from scratch on different hardware (different motherboard especially) or use the Factory Recovery discs which the previous owner of the Acer Aspire should have made, evidently you didn't get those, probably because previous owner never bothered to make them.

All I can suggest is you contact Acer and ask them if they can supply you with a set of recovery discs for that model. Most of the well-known laptop manufacturer's will do this for a small fee as long as it's not a really ancient model. Toshiba sent me a set when I bought second-hand one, wrong Windows version on it so obviously bereft of any Toshiba utilities. The disc set cost me £15 two years ago - easily worth it.

Wherewolfe

Estimable
Aug 22, 2014

So last night before reading this message... (I know I am making some rookie mistakes here, plaese forgive me) I decided to swap the hard drive out form the emachine and actually tried to boot up. Now the acer is trying to "run" windows, but it is stuck in a bootloop, which is not surprising to say the least, as i know they are different versions OS. My question is, can I use a boot fixing software like neosmart or I think another I saw was "Paragon", (forgive me if I spelled it wrong). I did go to the ACER website and they no longer have these discs available, or so at least the website says so. I am thinking a clean install is the smartest route, so can you recomend a program to format the hard drive to prepare it?

Wherewolfe

Estimable
Aug 22, 2014

I Thank you for the help Phillip, but I cringe at the thought of telling you this update. The Acer is working and I have successfully installed windows vista back onto it but with a 250 G hard drive. I know it is probably more than needed, but it sounds nice! Now, the problem. I did not have an Acer install disc to aid me in my trials here, but I did have a reinstall disc for a 32 bit vista OS, for Dell. (Ouch, I feel the scowling from possible readers), and voila! Home Free! At least it seemed. There are some things that are giving me headaches, and that would be the DELL software that automaticallly was "re-installed" along with the OS. From time to time I get booted off IE and I was wondering, could I make a repair disc, and boot from that to remind my PC it is in fact an ACER>?