Acer aspire 5742-6488 keys keep typing in spanish? and jumping!

Lesley_4

Commendable
Jul 12, 2016
Aaargh!

My laptop keyboard keeps switching to something that Ièm not asking it to do!

And it jumps all by its self... (Ièm not dragging my wrists on the keyboard, the cursor randomly appears somewhere else on the screen, etc)

Do I have a Spanish speaking ghost in my computerÉ!?

I have already checked for any keyboard updates through Microsoft.

Saga Lout

Olde English
The cursor might be moved by your hand on the trackpad and the keyboard settings could have been accidentally altered. Are you running Windows 8 or 10, and if so, have you clicked on the input settings on the taskbar, right hand end?

Saga Lout

Olde English
The cursor might be moved by your hand on the trackpad and the keyboard settings could have been accidentally altered. Are you running Windows 8 or 10, and if so, have you clicked on the input settings on the taskbar, right hand end?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Laptop Tech Support 0
Skhaloo Laptop Tech Support 1
N Laptop Tech Support 0
N Laptop Tech Support 0
hillaryous Laptop Tech Support 3
Z Laptop Tech Support 1
R Laptop Tech Support 9
T Laptop Tech Support 3
K Laptop Tech Support 1
K Laptop Tech Support 1
D Laptop Tech Support 2
N Laptop Tech Support 2
C Laptop Tech Support 1
K Laptop Tech Support 2
S Laptop Tech Support 2
A Laptop Tech Support 8
G Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 5
T Laptop Tech Support 4
T Laptop Tech Support 5
Similar threads
Question acer aspire v5-531
Question Acer aspire not charging, it's model N19H1 and I have tried the battery reset and also removing all connected peripherals, please assist?
Question Acer Aspire E15 'Shutdown' Problems
Question Help with retro Acer Aspire 1300 shutting off
Question Laptop LCD monitor doesn't work with one laptop but will work on the other laptop.
My Acer Aspire One notebook keyboard not working when I type please help
What type battery do I buy for my acer aspire 5532
sick of this acer aspire from day one will not buy again from this company you can not type a proper email or reply to an arti
Acer Aspire One says its connected to internet, type in url, Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage
My Acer Aspire E1 won't type the letters "e" or "d" for some reason. Help!!
I have an Acer Aspire E15 touch laptop with Windows 10 and my keyboard will not work to even type in my password unlock it.
my acer aspire 15 wont let me type in my password. the password bar is not popping up nomatter how many times i restart it, an
My acer aspire es1-711 17.3 notepad lets me put in my first password but then when it loads for me to type in the second passw
acer aspire e 15 wont let me type in my password
Laptop keys type the wrong symbol when pressing SHIFT?
Acer Aspire 5532 keyboard not typing
aspire v5 acer keyboard types erraticaly
Hi, Acer aspire touch screen v3 572p, I need a new battery but can't find a replacement as I don't have any Info on the type
Which SD card type does ReadyBoost best, for the Acer Aspire One 725, on Win8 64-bit?
Acer Aspire AS8940G-6865 MXM type

ASK THE COMMUNITY