ACER ASPIRE 5742 Fried motherboard?

extremo7

Estimable
Apr 30, 2015
4
0
4,510
0
Hello, my laptop like a week before overheated and shutdown and after then it wont power up. The LED of charger / battery doesn't show up. The light on the charger is green when i plug it, nothing will hapen to it, it will remain the same. I have some know knowledge on hardware and stuff but this goes way to much from my learnings. I have no idea what to do. Also, I've opened the computer apart and its seems to be all okay. Rams are fine, HDD tested on another PC and its working , Cpu most likely would power up the pc but would make it do a couple of beeps i think. The motherboard isn't just getting power charger/battery. I think it might be some capacitor or fuse that stoped working. I managed to check the voltage on the DC adapter and DC jack and they are fine. And then something hapened, i was checking some sort of capacitor a square one, not even sure if it is a capacitor or not lol :p and a spark came in. The dc jack has the correct voltage , and the molex that atachs to the mobo aswell. Im not sure to this point of what the problem is i know its a short circuit that something is interfering with, i just dont know what. That capacitor i touched looks perfect from the outside i dont know why its happening. Oh and btw nothing smells like burned or has corrosion. Thanks in advance.
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
REDplays21 Laptop Tech Support 0
acljaya Laptop Tech Support 2
bizArcBB Laptop Tech Support 0
N Laptop Tech Support 1
V Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 0
R Laptop Tech Support 0
A Laptop Tech Support 0
dietherdeyv Laptop Tech Support 0
Miizuki1512 Laptop Tech Support 0
Kjlaptop Laptop Tech Support 0
nnrbrtsn Laptop Tech Support 0
lyb Laptop Tech Support 1
ronaldo999 Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 2
SDHartyChalL Laptop Tech Support 4
M Laptop Tech Support 0
X Laptop Tech Support 1
GogetaBlue42 Laptop Tech Support 1
bbjlfvr Laptop Tech Support 2

ASK THE COMMUNITY