Acer Aspire 7739 - keyboard not working properly

Status
Not open for further replies.

kurt_01

Honorable
Feb 6, 2013
my acer 7739z number key upper functions (symbols)are not working. anyone know the key combination to unlock/reactivate them?
Thanks for the help

Solution
Just to clarify, it's the number keys across the top of the keyboard 1, 2, 3, etc... The numbers themselves type correctly, but the symbols (shift + number key) !, @, #, etc... do not. Am I correct?

Try both shift keys. (do both shift keys allow you to type CAPITOL letters?) if so,

Your keyboard may be set for the wrong region.

Go to START > type region > click Region and Language > confirm Format is listed as 'English (United States)', if not: click Keyboards and Languages tab > click Change keyboards... > Set default input language as English US

If this doesn't solve it, let us know.

ratedk

Distinguished
Just to clarify, it's the number keys across the top of the keyboard 1, 2, 3, etc... The numbers themselves type correctly, but the symbols (shift + number key) !, @, #, etc... do not. Am I correct?

Try both shift keys. (do both shift keys allow you to type CAPITOL letters?) if so,

Your keyboard may be set for the wrong region.

Go to START > type region > click Region and Language > confirm Format is listed as 'English (United States)', if not: click Keyboards and Languages tab > click Change keyboards... > Set default input language as English US

If this doesn't solve it, let us know.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS