Sometimes my keyboard will completely stop working, meaning that all they keys in my keyboard will not work, this includes the fn key, start button, and power off, numbers..etc. Then after a certain period of time it will be back on working. This is extremely frustrating and this is a new laptop that I got. I haven't found any solutions on how to solve this yet.
I should also note that when they keyboard dies the last key I clicked will repeat itself none stop, for examples if I click w and my keyboard dies, its will repeat w like so "wwwwwwww..."
this tents to happen more frequently when I play games. Please help me solve this problem.
Here are few troubleshooting steps that you can try that may help.
- Check keyboard language settings.
- Open Control Panel and look for Region and Language.
- Check all tabs if they are all set to United States.
- If that doesn't work, try pressing those following keys which are not working using your onscreen keyboard (Ease of Access look for Onscreen keyboard)
- Connect an external keyboard and see if the same problem will persist because if does you may need to consider on doing a complete Factory Reset cause it's a problem with your operating system.
- If all these will not work I would suggest replacing the keyboard itself and in your case contacting Acer support since I guess it's still under the factory warranty.