Acer Aspire E1-571 Synaptics driver problem

VsYK

Honorable
Nov 23, 2013
I have just upgraded another laptop from Windows 8.1 to windows 10 & then did a fresh install on my Acer Aspire E1-571. Now the problem I have is the Synaptics touchpad. It has no settings to disable tap click so I can limit clicks to the buttons only. I have uninstalled the driver & rebooted & tried to install the only one from Acer site with says its for 8.1 & has nothing for windows 10.

I went to Synaptics.com & downloaded the windows 10 for smBus which mine is & when I install & reboot its still not there. Then I try to update & it says a newer version already installed.

I really need to disable the touchpad tap clicks but windows 10 is refusing to let me. Anyone able to help?

Hi,

Have you tried going into Control Panel then Mouse and see if you'll see a Synaptics tab at the very end? That is where you change some settings with Synaptics Driver.

Here's the complete steps on how to disable Tap Click with Synaptics.
- Right click on the start button and select Control Panel
http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/6752/~/how-do-i-turn-on-or-off-tapping-on-the-touchpad-in-windows-7%3F

If these doesn't work try to download and install the Touchpad driver for Windows 8.1.

VsYK

Honorable
Nov 23, 2013
The settings doesn't show anything related to Synaptics or advanced settings. The last tab is hardware & thats it.

I have uninstalled, downloaded the 8.1 64bit driver & updated & I then do get the Synaptics settings but with only 1 option & thats to disable buttons. I tried the one for windows 10 from Synaptics site & that says its installed & ready to use but after rebooting I still see no difference. It's annoying the hell out of me!

VsYK

Honorable
Nov 23, 2013
Update.. I have managed to install a few driver. I have installed 64bit of 8.1, 8 & windows 7 that all said successful. However when I go into settings, I dont have anything for disabling the tapping. Here is the image http://owlife.co.uk/synaptics.png.

Also when I mouse over the icon in task bar bottom right, click on it. Tap to Click isn't clickable. Also the other options like Moodpad, pressure Graph all say I need to have Synaptics driver installed to use.