Solved! Acer aspire e11 power light flashing about 10 minutes

Mar 6, 2020
I have had my aspire laptop for about 3 years with no problems.Now when I try to start up the power light flashes for about 10 minutes.After this the light comes on fully and the laptop boots.I have read several posts from people that have the light flashing 5 times,but mine continues for much longer than this.I have folowed the advise about disconnecting the battery but still have the problem.The battery is holding its charge and once the laptop boots it works as normal.

Solution
So.....solved this myself.Nothing to do with the battery or hardware.Looking in my bios I noticed that booting from my hard drive had dropped down to the last boot option.Don't know how this happened but must be something I have done when tinkering with settings.
I assume the delay was the system searching for a system to boot and the 10 minute delay was the laptop dropping through all the boot options until it arrived at the hard drive.
Anyway everything good now and the laptop is booting normally.
Mar 6, 2020
So.....solved this myself.Nothing to do with the battery or hardware.Looking in my bios I noticed that booting from my hard drive had dropped down to the last boot option.Don't know how this happened but must be something I have done when tinkering with settings.
I assume the delay was the system searching for a system to boot and the 10 minute delay was the laptop dropping through all the boot options until it arrived at the hard drive.
Anyway everything good now and the laptop is booting normally.

Solution