Question Acer Aspire E15 crashed and won’t turn on.

Mar 11, 2019
I have an Acer Aspire E5-576 and when I was using it the other day, out of no where a screen popped up that said there was an error and that information was being collected about the error. I remember having it plugged in while this was happening. It also said that my laptop would restart after it was done. The data collection stayed on 0% until it turned off completely. I thought it was just restarting, so I let it sit for a few minutes.

It didn’t turn back on, so I pressed the power button to turn it on and it tried to boot up, but it didn’t. It made a noise as if it were straining for a few seconds, stopped, and turned back off. None of the lights were blinking, they just stayed on until it turned back off.

Here are the methods I’ve tried to get it working again:
  • Taking out the internal battery, holding the power button for 20-60 seconds, reinserting the battery, and pressing the power button. Result: Same thing.
  • Taking out the internal battery, holding the power button for 20-60 seconds, reinserting the battery, plugging it back in, waiting for the orange charge light to turn blue, and pressing the power button. Result: Same thing.
  • Taking out the internal battery and pressing the power button. Result: Nothing
  • Taking out the internal battery, plugging it back in, and pressing the power button. Result: Same thing.
  • Taking a paper clip, inserting it into the small reset button hole, holding it for 4 seconds, waiting 5 minutes, and pressing the power button. Result: Same thing.
If someone could help me figure out what is wrong with my laptop and how to fix it, I would be very grateful. Thank you for your time.

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
_CaioS_ Laptop Tech Support 0
C Laptop Tech Support 0
J Laptop Tech Support 7
D Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 1
W Laptop Tech Support 1
P Laptop Tech Support 1
C Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 4
A Laptop Tech Support 2