Question Acer aspire e15 e5-511 won't boot

mjmuk

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2012
Hi, I am looking at a 6 year old Acer Aspire e15 e5-511 for a friend. Originally it was Win 8.1, but upgraded to Win 10 around four years ago. Normal config with 4GB RAM.

After using normally last week and switched off with no apparent errors. When next switched on, it will not boot.

Symptoms are....

Press power button, fan starts, blue led lights, but goes out after 3 secs. and fan stops; after another 3 secs the fan starts and blue light comes on and after another 3 secs the blue light goes out and the fan stops and so on in a continuous loop until holding the power button down for 20secs and then permanently off. Nothing is seen on the screen of course.

I have done the usual things of battery out, mains out and holding down the power button for over 60 secs and retrying, but no luck so far.

Could be an internal connection issue, could be a failed HDD, could be a defective RAM strip.

Looking for any other suggestions before taking apart (seen some YouTube videos and this looks a bit of a task to do) so any help/pointers etc. most welcome.

Many thanks

Mike

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
lyb Laptop Tech Support 1
ronaldo999 Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 2
SDHartyChalL Laptop Tech Support 4
X Laptop Tech Support 1
GogetaBlue42 Laptop Tech Support 1
bbjlfvr Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 3
C Laptop Tech Support 1