Acer Aspire E15 keyboard not working

Alpha39401

Honorable
Mar 13, 2015
Recently I have bought a brand new Acer Aspire E15-522G-818D. I have only used it for a few times, but today when I booted into Windows 8.1, I can't type my login password and I have to use an external keyboard. Basically the whole laptop keyboard doesn't work at all. However, the external keyboard is 100% working. I can't find any 'lock keyboard' button on my laptop and I have tried rebooting many times.Everything on the laptop works fine except the keyboard, can that be a software problem? I can't really find any specs or information about this model. Any answer will be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Solution
Remove screws from bottom holding keyboard (the whole top section must be removed for the E15) pry the laptop apart with plastic bread ties or credit card lifting gently from the front and peeking inside at the cables which are clipped down or inserted. Then insert the keyboard flex cable back into its slot as it has released its clip and fell out. These laptops have a tendency of popping the ribbon out of its socket.
Tape the end of the ribbon and the clip down perhaps.
Be careful not to handle the end of the ribbon as it's a carbon residue and if you rub it off or scratch it, it won't work unless you get some windshield defogger repair kit for the lines in the back of a car window but that's a tricky feat still lol.
Aug 27, 2014
Remove screws from bottom holding keyboard (the whole top section must be removed for the E15) pry the laptop apart with plastic bread ties or credit card lifting gently from the front and peeking inside at the cables which are clipped down or inserted. Then insert the keyboard flex cable back into its slot as it has released its clip and fell out. These laptops have a tendency of popping the ribbon out of its socket.
Tape the end of the ribbon and the clip down perhaps.
Be careful not to handle the end of the ribbon as it's a carbon residue and if you rub it off or scratch it, it won't work unless you get some windshield defogger repair kit for the lines in the back of a car window but that's a tricky feat still lol.

Solution
Aug 27, 2014
Tape the end of the ribbon