Acer Aspire ES1-732 Laptop - Hangs on Acer Softare Installation

Michelle_122

Prominent
May 28, 2017
This is a last-ditch attempt asking for help, before I decide to junk this laptop... I made a very silly mistake in trying to install another operating system (namely dual booting Linux with Windows 10). Long story short, it wouldn't boot into either operating system (after me discovering that installing a grub menu fails on this particular machine, namely something to do with it's processor, there are workarounds but the trouble I've had with this machine - secure boot options being greyed out, not being able to change to legacy in the bios etc, I just can't be bothered anymore), thought I'd reset it back to factory settings.

I also stupidly forgot to create a repair disc, and thought I'd buy some recovery discs off of Acer... everything seems to go fine in the installation process.. until Acer decides to install it's own software, with no way to cancel out of the installation. The installation of this software then causes the Acer Recovery management utility to hang at 90%. Even trying to boot into safe mode from Repair options (from powering off/on the machine at the Acer Logo) fails, and I'm at my wits end what to do now. I'm at the point where I'm just ready to junk this and call it a very exepensive lesson learned (and never touch another Acer product as long as I live). Is there anyway to stop the Acer software from installing? It's all automated, and no options to cancel, any help would really be appreciated.

Solution
Resetting the BIOS to it's defaults (for this particular model, pressing F2 at start-up gets you in the BIOS), has made the computer start up, all seems ok and am updating it now. I'd had secure boot disabled, this what was making it hang Oo

Michelle_122

Prominent
May 28, 2017
Resetting the BIOS to it's defaults (for this particular model, pressing F2 at start-up gets you in the BIOS), has made the computer start up, all seems ok and am updating it now. I'd had secure boot disabled, this what was making it hang Oo

Solution