Acer Aspire ES15 Stuck on Black Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

8luh8luh

Prominent
Apr 10, 2017
I have an Acer Aspire ES15 with Windows 10 running on it. This morning it was especially slow in opening pretty much any application. I've had this laptop for several months and there usually aren't any issues. It recently froze up, and I was forced to try to turn it off as nothing else worked. It went to a black screen but the LED still says it's on and the fans are still running as if it were. I can't change any settings due to the black screen, and holding the power button does nothing. Are there any other solutions than just waiting it out?

Solution
I actually figured it out myself, I just had to push the reset button on the back with a paperclip. I will keep this here for anybody with my laptop with a similar issue though.

EDIT: Aaaaand...I can't pick this as the solution because I myself posted it. Go figure.
You could try connecting an external monitor to see if you can see the desktop on that. If yes, the problem then is related to the display itself or the cord connecting it. If no, then it could be your graphics card/GPU is going/gone.

In regard to turning it off, you could try pulling the battery. I know some of them are a royal pain to get to. :) NOTE: If the laptop is still under warranty, don't open it up yourself (or you could void that) and try contacting the manufacturer.

Otherwise, you will have to wait for the power to drain.

8luh8luh

Prominent
Apr 10, 2017

Actually, sorry to not post this sooner, but I resolved it. I just had to push the reset button on the back. Thanks anyways for the reply.

8luh8luh

Prominent
Apr 10, 2017
I actually figured it out myself, I just had to push the reset button on the back with a paperclip. I will keep this here for anybody with my laptop with a similar issue though.

EDIT: Aaaaand...I can't pick this as the solution because I myself posted it. Go figure.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.