Acer Aspire G5575-2456G75Miks P5WE0 won't turn on

frederiksp2

Estimable
Jul 17, 2015
Hi there, I hope you can help me, since I've completely run out of ideas, how to solve my issue.

I bought my Aspire few years back and it have worked without any issues. However, a day came where I misplaced my laptop on the ground, and by error stepped on it which ruined the screen. I tried using a seperate screen to make sure the computer was fine, and the error was only concerning the screen.

I bought a new screen which fit, and wanted to replace it my self to save some time and money. (I got a little experience with this kind of work, so I thought it wouldn't be an issue.
However, after inserting the new screen into the stick(Can't remember its exact name, but the one you use to connect laptop and screen). I stuck it in, pushed the power button, it turns on for a few seconds then turns off. I thought it might be because it didn't recognized the screen, so I tried changing back to the old one, however, same issue. After trying some back and fourth the computer suddenly wouldn't even turn on at all, and this is where I am now. During one of the exchanges of screens, a spark came from the cable since I forgot to turn off the power, so I suspect a possible short circuit. Where and how to fix it, I don't know. I'm not really sure where to go from now, since, except the spark, I believe the installation went fine.

Note: When I push the power button now, nothing happens, except a small line from the ethernet socket, which gives a hint that it recieves some kind of power when I try and turn it on.

Thank you in advance :)

I'd suspect the power inverter also needs replacement. Since you'll need to get back inside, I'll suggest looking over the motherboard for any leaky or blown capacitors or burnt areas. If the motherboard appears to be okay, try a power inverter for the display

frederiksp2

Estimable
Jul 17, 2015

I've already had a few looks on the motherboard and haven't seen anything that could appear as burned areas. I'll check up on the power inverter tomorrow.

Just as a note, the new installed screen is LED and the standard one was LCD. Could this cause issues? Thank you :)