Solved! Acer Aspire Laptop Won't Boot After Upgrading Ram

declang1505

Prominent
Apr 13, 2017
Hi all,

I recently bought an 8gb stick of memory for my acer aspire ES1-411-C3W3 laptop. I installed it and now it won't boot. I'm sure the ram is the right type and I used crucial.com scan tool and Kingston memory shop to make sure I bought the right ram.

Now the fans just spin up and it doesn't boot, please help.

Thank you, any help is appreciated.

Solution
Have you tried putting back the old RAM and seeing if it will boot up? If not, I would. Then you will know if the new RAM is the problem or not.

Also, please note the exact details of the old vs the new, to make sure they are actually the same and compatible.

Lastly, I would really check the specs for the device. Just because we want to upgrade to a certain amount of RAM doesn't mean the device is actually capable of the upgrade.

rgd1101

Don't
MERGED QUESTION
Question from declang1505 : "Acer Laptop Won't Boot After Upgrading Ram"

Have you tried putting back the old RAM and seeing if it will boot up? If not, I would. Then you will know if the new RAM is the problem or not.

Also, please note the exact details of the old vs the new, to make sure they are actually the same and compatible.

Lastly, I would really check the specs for the device. Just because we want to upgrade to a certain amount of RAM doesn't mean the device is actually capable of the upgrade.

Solution