Hello, my old acer aspire one netbook keeps overheating, the CPU idles around 50C and can get into the low 70s before it crashes, so I took it apart and put it back together and now the screen isn't working. It's just black. Did I possibly damage the cable for the screen when putting it back together? It's an odd cable, it's like all cloth and it's taped to the motherboard. And about the CPU overheating, would it be reasonable to apply new thermal paste? I have some arctic silver 5 lying around, or does it require special paste? Many thanks.
UPDATE: I took it all apart again, removed the heatsink, and applied thermal paste to the CPU and GPU. Turns out I didn't have any! That might be the problem! I expect that to solve the overheating issue. On the screen problem, I unplugged the cable connected to the screen and plugged it in again securely, still nothing. I tried connecting it to another monitor, and nothing. Which narrows it down significantly. Is there any reason it isn't displaying anything?