ACER Aspire R15 (R5-571T-57Z0) Has 4GB RAM

bailojustin

Estimable
Dec 7, 2014
I recently purchased 4 Acer Aspire R15 (R5-571T-57Z0).

Upon receiving them the first thing I do is open them up to see how well the laptop was assembled, the quality of components, and just a general check that everything matches up.

I UNDERSTAND EMBEDDED ONBOARD MEMORY.
First what stood out to me is the fact that the ram is a single set ram stick, its a 4gb, 1x4

So online and on the box, aswell as any internal system diagnostics shows the computer at 8GB OF RAM YET my
virtual page file is only 2GB, which was auto set by the OS.
TYPICALLY the OS assigns the PAGEFILE TO BE 50% OF TOTAL AVAILABLE RAM, Meaning only 4GB.

After a restart of the system, Immediately checking my resource manager, and performance monitor as well as a variety of base lining/diagnostic programs.
My results: 4gb is ALWAYS in STANDBY, Leaving it unusable to the entire system and essentially making this a 4gb laptop advertised as 8gb????

Also, as a side note, 2/5 of the diagnostic programs showed one as a micron stick, A single set stick running in single channel, BUT SOMEHOW when i check other programs, and look at the GENERAL ram, it says its 8GB DUAL-CHANNEL ram sticks, yet the ram stick inserted in a single channel single stick.