acer aspire v3-471G charging interrupted when playing games

patriadorada

Estimable
Feb 20, 2015
For just about a week now, my laptop have been behaving like this. I have never had this kind of problem before, laptop is acer aspire v3-471G. When im on my desktop and doing menial tasks (and charger is plugged in) it doesnt happen, only when im playing heavy games. The laptop would indicate that the charger has been removed or that it isnt charging (the light indicator for charging would also turn off) for about half a second, and then after that it would charge again (it gets very annoying, I tell you, with the BEEP). After scouring the net for any answers, I have yet to find a solution. The only thing I can think of is that the charger cannot supply ample amount of energy, and the laptop detects this and switches to backup (battery) power, only to be regained again half a second later. I havent been able to find a replacement for my charger or if it will indeed resolve the issue. Any thoughts guys?

Solution
Try doing this, pull out your battery and try running the game again. If the computer completely kills itself while running a game, it means that your power draw might be higher than the supplied charger. Since the charger that came with it is stock its probably bad power design on Acer's part. If it doesn't disconnect you power wise, might be a different issue.

patriadorada

Estimable
Feb 20, 2015

it was the original charger that came with the laptop.

patriadorada

Estimable
Feb 20, 2015

it's loose a little bit. I tried to wiggle it a bit while plugged in but it didnt change from charging to not charging (no beep), also the problem only happens when I play Dragon Age: Origins (i know it is old), i tried playing Dota 2 but it isnt happening. Im really confused right now.

Warukyure

Estimable
Try doing this, pull out your battery and try running the game again. If the computer completely kills itself while running a game, it means that your power draw might be higher than the supplied charger. Since the charger that came with it is stock its probably bad power design on Acer's part. If it doesn't disconnect you power wise, might be a different issue.

Solution