acer aspire v3-571g faint screen,shuts down after 5 secs after screen replacement

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

snoopy collins

Estimable
Feb 12, 2014
screen needed replacing which i did.

When i switch it back on i get a black screen but still very faintly see acer logo then power shuts down by its self after around 5 seconds??

Ive checked the connection from the cable to the screen and it looks good.

What have i done wrong?

thanks for your help.

snoopy collins

Estimable
Feb 12, 2014
Im back now after a few busy days sorry for delay...........

Ive disconnected the screen cable from motherboard but it still the same!

I press the power button ....fans kick in for 2 secs then shuts down after 3 secs...5 secs?

Have i shorted something, incorrectly connecting the screen cable that would be linked to the problem im having?

But you know even with a multimeter, nothing is sure we will find the problem, and if we find the defective part, you will have to order the part and desolder to replace it. If you want to investigate the problem and maybe get it repair in a shop after, you will have more knowledge of the problem. It's up to you to decide how you want to proceed.

snoopy collins

Estimable
Feb 12, 2014
Multimeter has arrived!

As the laptop was 100% fine before this happened i want to fix it if i can so any help to try and resolve this issue would be great!

Thanks again for your help jaro.