Solved! Acer Aspire V5-121 Audio not working Windows 7

Solution
You're running Windows or Linux? You have problems in Windows or Linux?
In Linux - there's no "Realtek HD Manager", check a thread about pulseaudio in this forum.
In Windows - what does Device Manager say about your audio device?

As for BIOS - if you're dualbooting, you've probably disabled Secure BIOS, which prevents the updater to work. I'll let someone with similar laptop to share an experience.

movemarrow

Commendable
Jan 30, 2017

Drivers are already updated and I used drive easy software to make sure I had all latest. No in the download I could see a Realtek HD Audio Manager .exe (rtkmgui64 app) I install as an admin and nothing happened it does not install or anything. So followed your advice and checked out the latest bio update I am going to install that and see if it helps, I am not sure how to proceed so it might take a while. Plus I am running Linux mint in a partition so not how this is going to work.

movemarrow

Commendable
Jan 30, 2017
Alright I've download the latest BIOS from Acer website after putting in my SN in it and selecting Windows 7 as an OS. It showed me a file which when I tried to install. I got an error msg that says "It only supports to flash secure BIOS on current platform. The image to be updated is not a secure BIOS."

Did I download the wrong file or can I change my BIOS settings?

You're running Windows or Linux? You have problems in Windows or Linux?
In Linux - there's no "Realtek HD Manager", check a thread about pulseaudio in this forum.
In Windows - what does Device Manager say about your audio device?

As for BIOS - if you're dualbooting, you've probably disabled Secure BIOS, which prevents the updater to work. I'll let someone with similar laptop to share an experience.

Solution