Solved! Acer Aspire won’t turn on.

Jul 7, 2020
I have an Acer Aspire ES-1 711. Had it for 5 years. Now it doesn’t turn on anymore. The left LED on the front goes on and off . I hear a pulsating fan-like sound and repeatedly three metal “tickings”, like a relay. Anyone know what to do?

Solution
Had that with my laptop! I ended up changing the fans that cools the gpu and processor then re-changed the battery and it ended up working again. The clicking sounds are caused by the fans, well on my laptop they were completely clogged with dust. If you do reopen the laptop i would suggest to applying new thermal paste on the processor and gpu to enhance performance. Hope this helps =)
Jul 8, 2020
Had that with my laptop! I ended up changing the fans that cools the gpu and processor then re-changed the battery and it ended up working again. The clicking sounds are caused by the fans, well on my laptop they were completely clogged with dust. If you do reopen the laptop i would suggest to applying new thermal paste on the processor and gpu to enhance performance. Hope this helps =)

Solution
Jul 8, 2020
Another thing is if you don't want to replace the fans you can initially remove them and clean them with q-tips and a co2 dust spray which you can pick off from Amazon at around 4 pounds. Thermal paste will cost you another 3 to 18 pounds depending on which you go for. I would Highly recommend Thermal Grizzly Kryonaught Thermal.

Reactions: SvenskHasse
Jul 7, 2020
Thank you Tauridium! That was a fast answer. I will try to order new fans. But what do you mean by “re-changing” the battery?

Jul 8, 2020
I rechanged the battery on my last laptop as i always had to have a power cable plugged in other wise it will only last for an hour or 2 but i guess i changed mine back then as precaution as i had the same problem with a computer once. So if i did open it up i only wanted to do it once to repair if you know what i mean

Jul 7, 2020
Another thing is if you don't want to replace the fans you can initially remove them and clean them with q-tips and a co2 dust spray which you can pick off from Amazon at around 4 pounds. Thermal paste will cost you another 3 to 18 pounds depending on which you go for. I would Highly recommend Thermal Grizzly Kryonaught Thermal.
Thanks again!!!

Jul 8, 2020
First I will buy me an anti-static mat, “air-spray” and some thermal paste. I’ll see what my local store has got....
Just make sure your work area is clean and away from any static related objects and your fine! With the wrist band use it as normal wrist band and you will see a clip at the end of it place that clip anywhere thats metal on opening the back of your laptop !