Acer Aspire won't load past Acer screen

nhbs71

Commendable
May 22, 2016
The Acer Aspire we use at my job was upgraded to Windows 10 recently. The boss didn't like it so he asked me to switch it back to 7. When I did that and it restarted, though, it stopped loading past the Acer logo screen.

The logo screen appears for maybe two seconds before going to a black screen. I can tell it's still running because the fan and lights on the keyboard are on.

I've spent an entire shift trying to figure this out. I only have F2 & F12 keys. Pressing Alt+F10 does nothing. F8 also does nothing. I don't know if a reboot disc would work but the boss has no idea where it is so that's not an option for me either.

Any help??

Hi,

It seems like your last option would be to reinstall Windows again using a factory reset disc. :( Here are some troubleshooting steps that may help.
- First is to do a hard reboot, remove the battery and unplug the AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then try booting it up again.
- If it will still not work, load the laptop into BIOS and reset it to defaults. Press F9 and it should reset it to defaults then press F10 to save and exit.
- If all these will not work you can either just contact ACER to order a factory reset disc or just buy a Windows 7 disc from your locol computer reseller.