"Acer Crystal Eye Webcam found a new webcam" issue

dan_seven

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2011
I see all over Google people complaining about their Crystal Eye webcams not being detected, but my problem is different, I can only use the program for a couple of minutes, sometimes more, but eventually the message: "Warning. Acer Crystal Eye Webcam found a new webcam (HD WebCam), Do you want to begin using it?" will appear. It gives me Yes and No. If I choose Yes, I can return to use it, but now the resolution is horrible (160x120), and if I choose No, the program will just cease to function, because now the screen is black and the buttons are all greyed out. Sometimes if I choose Yes, it will only ask me the same question over and over in a loop and will not let me to continue with the camera.

As you cam see in my screenshots, the driver of the HD Webcam is there, but when I look the camera from the Devices and Printers from the Windows Control Panel, it says that the camera has 2 drivers, the one of the HD webcam, and another just as "USB Composite Device", I post too the properties of said driver. Is the camera dead?. The model is an Aspire One AO725. Win 7 x64.
Computer type= Laptop
System Manufacturer/Model Number= Acer Aspire One 725-0600
OS= Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
CPU= AMD C-70 1Ghz (Dual core) 1MB
Motherboard= Original
Memory= 4 GB DDR3 SDRAM
Graphics Card= Radeon HD 6290, 256 shared
Sound Card= Original
Monitor(s) Displays= Active Matrix TFT Color LCD 11.6''
Screen Resolution= 1366x768, 16:9
Keyboard= Original
Mouse= Touchpad
PSU= 4-cell Battery (Li-Ion) 2600 mAh
Case= Original
Cooling= Original
Hard Drives= Seagate Momentus SpinPoint M8 (AFT), 500 GB, Serial ATA, 2 partitions: - 100 GB (aprox.) Where Windows 8 resides, - 400 (aprox.) Free spce
Internet Speed= IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n, 54 Mbits
Antivirus= AVG Internet Security 2013
Browse=r Firefox Mozilla
Other Info= t's orignal and new, but with a different Windows 8. Complete Datasheet: http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/model-datasheet/NU.SGPAA.019 (Link doesn't work anymore, Acer decided it's not important to keep info about their previous netbooks)
Has anyone else experienced this on their Acers?.
Thanks for any replies in advance. Any other info you need, please tell me and I'll post it.

My notebook specs:
7o0r092dcgo917m6g.jpg

The HD cam in Device Manager
p33anqjlx4869346g.jpg

HD Webcam driver properties
h90mg69baf1gsxz6g.jpg

The USB Composite Device in the Manager
1yz73uu9vli3npb6g.jpg

The USB Composite Device properties
kiw9v70p9g554506g.jpg

dan_seven

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2011
I checked the netbook and it appears that the camera was a little disconnected from the bottom, right in the two hinges that connect the LCD with the rest of the system. I guess that explains the constant notifications about the camera being detected, but the problem of the resolution it's still on, I know this webcam is not the better in terms of picture quality but is HD (or at least is in the name), and I know it can record in good resolution because the options to change it where there before in the Crystal Eye program before, but now they are greyed out. Any advice?

p0fgdz1z7dzk9bf6g.jpg