Acer e1-431 battery not charging properly

Bulltyro

Estimable
Jan 21, 2016
Hello everyone.

I have an acer e1-431-4875. I bought a replacement battery for it which does not charge. I plug the battery in, the charging light comes on for about 10 minutes but turns off again. While on the battery icon, sometimes it says "no battery is detected" or "plugged in, not charging".

-unplugging battery and power and holding power button for 1 minute
-deleting the 2 battery files in device manager (top 2) Windows 7 64-bit

I haven't updated the bios yet because the bios upgrading software says that my battery should be atleast 30% but I can't get it to that because it won't charge. The original battery is 10.8V while the new one is 11.1V which shouldn't matter as much AFAIK. I have yet to take the laptop apart to check the connecting dock, or trying to upgrade the bios manually but I wanted to see if anything else could be done first since I cant backup my data.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi,

There are very few things you can do about that issue with your laptop. Was the replacement battery from the manufacturer or was it from a 3rd party store?
- First is to try another AC adapter and see if it would charge that battery normally or not. If does charge using a different AC adapter that only means that the stock AC adapter is no good for the replacement battery.
- Next is to uninstall/reinstall the battery driver from Device Manager which you did already.
- You still go for a BIOS update by removing the battery and booting it up with just the AC adapter connected.
- If all these will not work I would suggest replacing the battery with the same ones you had before with your laptop (OEM).

Hopefully this will help. :)

Bulltyro

Estimable
Jan 21, 2016

If i try to turn on the app for the bios update, it says insert battery. And the original battery I have does not charge at all. I've read some pretty negative reviews about the vendor that sold the 3rd party battery to me, so trying to get a refund is out of the question.