Acer E1-571 Power issues

milu316

Commendable
Nov 6, 2016
I have an acer e1-571 here that turns itself off when the laptop is held in a certain way or moved, sometimes it just turns off but most of the time the screen goes black for a few seconds, then it turns off. I don't know what is causing this, but can tell you what isn't causing this, It has nothing to do with the cpu or gpu or overheating because of those 2 components. Its not the dc port as its been replaced and is reading the correct voltage on a multimeter.

I am thinking a bad transistor, capacitor or a short somewhere. i have a multimeter, and a can solder.

What do i need to know or test for with my multimeter to try and track down what is causing the issue on the board? As i have no idea.

The issue is somewhere in the area circled on the image. What tests can I perform with a multimeter to try to find the issue? As replacing the motherboard on this laptop is uneconomical.

https://postimg.org/image/by77nftjb/

For extra info, a while ago when replacing the dc charging port, when i first put it in it worked fine. I then put the laptop back together and it wouldn't charge the battery. I took it apart and it was installed correctly, then all of a sudden it just began working. This maybe unrelated, then again it may not.

Solution
If it shuts off when moved, sounds like a loose connection somewhere. Hard to say where without you going over the setup and making sure no parts are loose.