Acer e14 / e5-471 - black screen

gainchase

Estimable
Oct 16, 2015
Hi Guys, my laptop screen suddenly went blank when i press power. At first Acer Start up shows tried fn and i went to boot screen, load to default. After i exit to restart pc the acer start up is not showing. I tried pressing fn or other function keys. Power is on but it's just a black screen. Please help me. Thanks

Solution
Hi,

Do a hard reset first, remove the battery and AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds. Plug the AC adapter and see if the laptop boots up normally to your desktop screen. If that doesn't work but the Acer logo still shows up when you power it up, connect an external monitor and see if it will show any display from it and if does press the Windows key + P then select Display only and press enter or press "fn+F5". Once you're desktop screen is showing on the built in display do update your graphics card driver
Hi,

Do a hard reset first, remove the battery and AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds. Plug the AC adapter and see if the laptop boots up normally to your desktop screen. If that doesn't work but the Acer logo still shows up when you power it up, connect an external monitor and see if it will show any display from it and if does press the Windows key + P then select Display only and press enter or press "fn+F5". Once you're desktop screen is showing on the built in display do update your graphics card driver

Solution