Question Acer E5 573 Series Not Powering On

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 10, 2019
Acer Aspire E5-573 Series.
Model # N15Q1
Priority: URGENT
-Need for University

The first time I took it apart, I upgraded the hard drive to SSD and upped the RAM to 16gigs; I put it back together and everything worked for awhile no problem. Recently, the keyboard stopped responding and I figured one of the "paper flat" cables came loose, so I took it apart again. After rechecking all connections and putting the laptop back together, I tried to power it back up, but nothing.
Both times during the disassembly, I unplug battery and charging cable first and foremost.

Some things I have/have not done:

-Using a multimeter (Klien mm600), I checked charging port (working) and some of the capacitors on the motherboard ( working with about 19.56 (I plugged charging port in to check) volts on them). Unfortunately, I'm not too experienced with motherboards nor multimeter, so this is the most I have done.

-Have not disconnected BIOS battery. Not too familiar with it, but can't see it affecting anything.

Another thing to note, had to drill a stripped screw. Nowhere near important components but letting y'all know just incase.

Edit:

After letting it sit for a night, I came back to continue tinkering, nay, praying. As I was checking the power going through the board, I realized that it couldn't be a hardware issue. Then I figured I'd try something I read (pull the RAM, wait a couple of seconds, reinsert, and reassemble). To my surprise, one of the LEDs was blinking 5 times in response to me pressing the power button. This led me here:
Following those instruction, I got the laptop working. Upside, it's working and the keyboard is back at it again. Downside, dispite working, left click on touchpad doesn't click. Also, I hate everything.

I will be closing this thread.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
casparc Laptop General Discussion 0
NROD Laptop General Discussion 1
Marshall Honorof Laptop General Discussion 0
B Laptop General Discussion 1
S Laptop General Discussion 1
W Laptop General Discussion 3
A Laptop General Discussion 1