Acer E5 - Touch causes sound distortion

veebro

Estimable
Mar 13, 2015
Hi,

I can't seem to find any thread which tackles my issue. I have had an Acer Aspire E15 E5-511-C6J9 for about 6 months and today I noticed some terrible sound distortion. It now turns out that whenever I use the touchpad (literally as soon as I touch it) the sound distorts and videos also seem to be disrupted. As soon as my fingers are off the touchpad, it plays normally. It happens to all video and audio, whether played in google Chrome, explorer or from the device's music player. It now means that if any sound is playing, I can't use the laptop for anything else.

Also I don't have a mouse so I don't know if the problem still occurs with a mouse replacing the touchpad.

Is there anything that I can do? (I'm not very techy)

Thanks.

papalaz

Estimable
Mar 27, 2015

papalaz

Estimable
Mar 27, 2015
HI veebro;

I had a similar problem (dalek-like voices when moving cursor in you tube). It seems to have worked when I uninstalled the touchpad via the Device Manager in the Control Panel (you'll find it in HID devices) in Windows 8. You won't have touchpad function once it's uninstalled it but anything you need to do to restart can be achieved via the keyboard (ctrl-alt-del and cursor keys etc.). When my system re-booted the touchpad re-installed with the sound OK.