acer laptop computer

naomi_mills743

Estimable
Sep 3, 2015
I have a second hand acer laptop which is stuck on the windows boot manager screen. I don't have a windows installation disk and can't get hold of one. When I phoned up acer to find out how to factory reset my computer. I did as they said and it is asking me for a password which I don't have. What can I do? Thank you for your help.

Solution
Hello naomi_mills743

Even if you had Windows installation disc, you would still need the password to perform administrative tasks.

Your best bet would be to contact the person who sold you the laptop and ask him/her the password.

In other case, you would need to break the password and that is something Tom's Guide can't help you with because of the policy restrictions and the unethical nature of the solution.

Good Luck!! :)
Hello naomi_mills743

Even if you had Windows installation disc, you would still need the password to perform administrative tasks.

Your best bet would be to contact the person who sold you the laptop and ask him/her the password.

In other case, you would need to break the password and that is something Tom's Guide can't help you with because of the policy restrictions and the unethical nature of the solution.

Good Luck!! :)

Solution