Question Acer laptop keyboard will not type as the Alt or the Shift or the Shift key gets locked

karandeep

Commendable
Dec 29, 2016
Hi there,

I have been facing problem typing on my laptop running windows 10 for a few weeks now. For some reason the Shift or the Alt or the Ctrl key gets locked or clicked by its self and I am not able to type but the keyboard is still working like when on the browser or on Microsoft word and try to type the keyboard acts as the mouse right click but will not type text and even the mouse will act weird and while selecting apps on the desktop due the ALT locked instead of the app opening it will open the properties of the app. To fix the problem I have to click on the Ctrl+Alt+Shift keys both left and right a few times and then the keyboards starts to type again but it is to frustrating to do it again and again.

I have played with the ease of access setting or the hot keys settings or the sticky keys but none of them helped I have also tried to reinstall windows but still faced the same problem and also the on screen keyboard will not type . When the keyboard starts to act weird I have tried to connect a second keyboard and even that will not type and i have tried to discount the laptops in built keyboard cable from the motherboard thinking it is a hardware issue but still faced the same problem.

If anyone of you have faced this problem and were able to solve it please let me know how.

Laptop Acer Aspire V Nitro VN7-592G-747C

Windows 10 Pro

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Lucaskp4 Laptop Tech Support 1
P Laptop Tech Support 0
chaplark Laptop Tech Support 1
dipudangol Laptop Tech Support 8
LLRye Laptop Tech Support 8
danielxfx Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 3
D Laptop Tech Support 1
K Laptop Tech Support 1