Acer laptop LCD has clipped screen along right side, a 2inch column totally black

canatech1157

Honorable
Feb 6, 2014
I have an Acer laptop and when I turn it on, the screen display is missing about 2 inches on the right hand side, its black, nada....the rest of the screen looks fine. I sure wish I cud post a BMP to show.

elletheking

Honorable
Oct 5, 2013
maybe theres something wrong with screen configuration, was that problem already there when you bought the laptop? You might just want to send your laptop back if oyu still have warranty

2x4b

Honorable
Oct 28, 2013
You could try opening it up and re-seating the video cable.
But nothing lasts forever. It may just be broken. Talk with the Acer to see what the cost of fixing/replacing it may be.

canatech1157

Honorable
Feb 6, 2014
I should have gave more details. It's an Acer Asper Model 5610-4534 running Vista. A little long in the tooth.

The LCD is a 15.4 inch WXGA CrystalBrite whatever that means. The video cable inside has no damage or fraying. I connected the laptop to a TV and the screen on the TV did not show the black part. I did have 1 quote to replace the LCD but it would cost more than the laptop is worth. Mite be time to anchor it to the bottom of the sea after stripping out the 160GB HD & RAM. The DVD player works fine.